Friday, October 23, 2009

Messy

Lately my life has been really messy. I just can't seem to get a handle on it. Especially my office. Last weekend we had a garage sale. The sale was out in the hallway and entryway on tables but if my office door was open, people kept going thinking that all the stuff piled up in there must have been for sale.

It's been messy outside too:






I would have rather stayed home today, but I had too much to do. The message light was blinking on the phone. I couldn't find my phone message book. Anywhere.

I even looked in the bathroom. It's messy too.

I decided to work on cleaning my desk off. The easiest way for me to accomplish this is to pile everything up in my basket and take it one piece of paper at a time.

As I started to gather everything up, I noticed this:


My stomach lurched as I realized the envelope contained an unmailed bank deposit.

Uh to the double Oh.

In the past 10 days, we have received several large payments--which I have used to pay bills. This deposit was dated October 14.

Uh to the triple Oh

My messiness just got really messy.

I called our bank and inquired as to our current balance. Still OK
Plan of action:

  1. Cancel emergency road trip to bank


  2. Seriously consider not telling Sam what happened


  3. Wish that someone would fire me please


  4. Spend the next hour (or so) catching up on my blog reading (OMG Pioneer Woman is going to be on Bonnie Hunt)


  5. Spend the rest of the day reclaiming my desk.

I finally left the office at 6:45 PM. And am proud to announce that my inbox is officially under control. The newspapers are sorted and in the recycling.

I backed in the garage and unloaded the Trailblazer in preparation for tomorrow's trip to the craft sales in Algona. Fresh mud from the sloppy gravel road dripped on the garage floor. As I reached in the back to retrieve the last item, I manage to completely soak the front of my jeans with the slimy, gritty substance that covered the rear bumper.

A messy end to a messy week.






1 comment:

  1. You know I'm going to comment on that little milky way wrapper peeking out above the check... It looks like there was a little chocolate distraction after you prepared the deposit. Mystery solved!

    ReplyDelete