Thursday, October 8, 2009

All in a Day's Work

I was hurrying to finish up payroll and get some things in the mail when I received the following phone call:

"This is ________ from __________ Could I please have your fax number?"

I knew who it was from caller ID so I gave her our fax number.

"Is this address correct from Okoboji, Iowa? I'm looking at the check that a gentleman from your company just left when he picked up a set of blueprints and it doesn't match the address I have on file for you."

I gave her our Minnesota address.

"And what is your phone number?"

Umm, I'm guessing you must already have it if we are having this conversation. My momentary hesitation allowed her enough time to realize what she had just asked. We had a good laugh--and she said it had been a looonngg afternoon.

It made me feel a little bit better about the 20 minutes I had just spent looking for the outgoing mail I had left in the bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment