Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The. Best. Diet. Tip. Ever.

I watch a considerable amount of daytime tv--or at least I have the tv on at my desk. Many of the shows feature a "Eat This, Not That" segment. For example, for the same calories as a Pumpkin Spice Blizzard, you can have:
153 rice cakes,spread with 2 teaspoons of peanut butter, a 128 oz. green bean/ beet smoothie, an eggwhite and tofu omelet  and 2 bushels of air-popped popcorn with 1/8 teaspoon of Oh I Wish It Was Butter topping.

I flipped open the new AARP magazine this morning--the one with Natalie Cole on the cover-- and was immediately drawn to an article about incorporating exercise into your holiday preparation. One of the suggestions involves working out using items from your pantry: Arms raises  with canned pie filling or gravy moving on to squats with pork and beans (ok, that one I made up). Here's a thought, could the pie filling and gravy be contributing to the problem?

But the best tip of all was at the bottom of the page:

So if I mix cookie dough by hand for 14 hours, I can eat the whole batch.

And have Michelle Obama's arms.

Or I can stand quietly and eat half the batch.

While bulking up my biceps with a can of garbanzo beans.

1 comment:

  1. I knew baking cookies had to be good for me!
    ...And, Nina, I laughed out loud at "2 bushels".

    ReplyDelete