Saturday, November 21, 2009

The big day

has arrived. I'm off to the Mall of America for Pioneer Woman's book signing. I feel guilty leaving everyone here: Addie, Tedd, August, Sam, even my sister Verla who is here from Atlanta for the weekend. She and Mom are at Mom's house and I know they'll have a good day. I will meet up with my family at the wedding reception in Iowa.
After the disappointment on Wednesday, I had made up my mind not to go. But no one is my family is a quitter and I'm not going to be either. I'm just a terrible risk-taker.
Carol, enjoy your day with your family--I can't figure out how to email on my mobile access since the change to Verizon. Hopefully I will have some pictures to post.
The Womeninc Christmas party was lovely and well-attended last night. Santa was a little late--we figured maybe he was had trouble getting down from the basket in the fire truck after the Glows parade. There was Santa in one corner and a live nativity scene in the other. I overheard one of the adolescent shepherds ask the adult wise man, "How long do we have to be here."
Just like those shepherds isn't it. They have a hard time leaving their flocks.
I know the feeling well.

No comments:

Post a Comment