Saturday, December 19, 2009

Liz's Slow Cooker Punch

.

Liz is my sister-in-law, married to my brother Mark. She served this punch to us on a stormy Thanksgiving Day when they were living in Redwood Falls. Although we quickly ate our dinner and headed back home,  a Minnesota blizzard and this punch  made for a most memorable holiday.Since the statute of limitations has run out for any possible child endangerment charges, I think it's safe to tell this story.

Several years ago I decided to serve Liz's slow cooker punch on Christmas Eve. Addie came into the kitchen as I was adding the wine to the punch and said, "There's wine in that punch?!! Did you know that Lukas, Zac and I drank it at Aunt Liz's house when we were kids? You let us drink alcohol?"

Before I could say anything she continued, "No wonder it tasted so good."

Since Addie went on to graduate with honors and obtain a law degree, I think it's safe to say no brain cells were harmed in this unfortunate incident. In my defense, I do believe that the alcohol content has to be minimal after 4 to 8 hours in slow cooker.

No comments:

Post a Comment