Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Coming Clean

I have a problem--and it's in this bag


I've been straight for almost a year now. Except for a brief relapse in mid-September. All it took was one wrong turn in Walmart today and there they were.
Alluring
Tempting
Voices in my head screamed:
"Turn around right now"
"You're here for dog food and toilet paper"
Only to be answered by:
"Just one more package, it's no big deal"
"I'm gonna make you feel soooo good lady"
I wish I could tell you that I didn't succumb--that I am strong and determined to overcome my obsessive need for more and more of them. But I'm not. I'm weak. Very, very weak.

When it comes to these little beauties



I love washcloths.We use them for napkins. There's a redwing crock full of them in my bathroom. There are piles of them in the linen cupboard. It was the colors that got to me today--captivating earthy jewel tones.

I'm powerless to resist them

They're simple, functional, pretty and practical.
I even like to fold them
They're perfectly square

Welcome--you'll like it here. You're home


And among friends.

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting indeed. My weakness is paper. I do believe when the Wal-Mart cameras see me coming they know they will be selling more notebooks. Like the towels, there are so many pretty ones to choose from!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, I love those washcloths too. Always a different set of colors that still seem to match my stuff. I have not yet succumbed to the temptation, but I fight it every time I visit the Walmarts and I am there every two weeks like clockwork.

    If they ever start selling yarn with natural fibers I am a dead woman.

    ReplyDelete