Saturday, August 27, 2011

What to Do?

Today is a rare day. There is nothing I HAVE to do today. No schedule, no commitments, no obligations.
However, that doesn't mean I don't have anything to do.  Oh no, I don't even know where to start. Well, I guess I do. I started my morning watching grown men and women standing (kind of) in the middle of a hurricane. One of them was interviewing another reporter on the beach whose rain poncho was being blown and shredded into ribbons.
It made me even more thankful to be home. With nothing I HAVE to do.

Except watch the premier of Pioneer Womans new show on the Food Network.

And figure out what to do with all of this:

Interrupted  writing my post to fix breakfast--our favorite. Poached farm-fresh eggs on english muffins. Put some beets on to cook and they are done. Now cooking a kettle of potatoes. My kitchen is smelling very "earthy" right now.

Watched the kittens practice their vertical jump skills trying to reach the flowers at the top of the Kiss Me Over the Garden Gate plants. Bea is swimming contentedly in her pond.

Time to put in a load of laundry. Project to do during Pioneer Woman will be to go through some old photos. Our church's 25th anniversary is this year and they are looking of pictures from the early years. The thought of dragging them out is a bit daunting but also something that needs to be done.

So what are you up to today?

1 comment:

  1. I meant to send you an email when i saw the ad about the pioneer woman show - glad you caught it :)
    -eri

    ReplyDelete