Friday, February 12, 2010

Expectations

Lately, I've been thinking a lot about expectations--the unfulfilling, disappointing, unmet kind. For example, I'm not supposed to have to dress like this in Florida
 

But then I realize that I need to look at the big picture




And I realize that less than perfect weather is perfect when enjoyed with people you love. And who love you back.

Who have left this
 

for this


and this


and this



I didn't expect to have to spend two days getting treated for an eye inflammation 

But I enjoyed the treat for being a big girl at the doctor's office

We expected to enjoy this weekend with Lukas and Denise. But they will not be here--because of bad weather, no standby flights were available for them.

By now I thought Sam and I would have a nice tan and logged many hours of beach walking. Instead, we bundle up and walk when possible.

For me, it's about forgetting my expectations--and realizing that perhaps this month will not be remembered for its perfect weather, but rather for its perfect moments
 
  
And at the end of the day, a great piece of homemade lemon meringue pie and a beautiful sunset are really all that matter



No comments:

Post a Comment